Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Recent Drawings/ Insomnia (Warning- Female Breasts)

I don't know whether it was the food or the doom from earlier, or the fact that I have to go to work in the morning after 3 days off, but I can't sleep. So I thought I'd use it as an excuse to add a new post. I have some little drawings I've done on Bristol paper with just some pencil and some ink.

This one I call Bubblehair Lady. She kinda reminds me of my mamaw, except my mamaw didn't have such wide hips and she usually wore this thing called a "housecoat," when she wasn't dressed in her waitress uniform. But she smoked like a chimney.


This one I call "Genie's Dark-Haired, Rebellious Sister," but then, the chick on the TV show spelled her name different and really did have a dark-haired version of herself (Barbara Eden in a black wig.)

I like to think of myself as a folk artist. I'm self-taught, so my stuff isn't too fancy usually. When I look at my drawings sometimes I think they look like someone who took lots of years of art classes and then developed some kind of shaky brain disorder drew them. They are full of pithy nuances and "character." 


Let's try sleep once more, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment