Monday, May 31, 2010

A Day of Doom and Lots of Food and Laughter

Because this is what we Gringos do when we are scared, right? We consume stuff. Our culture teaches us to consume like we're the only people on Earth with a right to it.

Today was Memorial Day.  I could go on and on about the military industrial complex, the reasons that I tend to not celebrate any holidays if I can help it, etc... and I probably will do all those things eventually.

I guess I just want to recount my day.

I slept in. I made some cupcakes. I talked with my partner about our contingency plan for when the shit hits the fan and we have to, you know, evacuate or some such horrible thing.

I cried about that. Then we talked some more about impending doom, and I cooked some delicious vegan food and we spent a good chunk of the day watching Bill Hicks and other stand-up comedy and also Boon Docks. 

I'm pretty bummed about the state of things in the big, bad world. But I'm lucky to have my loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment